COSTA NAVARINO EXHIBITION
Location: Costa Navarino, Messinia, Greece
Area: 500 sq.m.
Team Angeliki Kokkini, Telesilla Bristoyanni and Harris A. Tessas
The project concerns the organisation of a permanent exhibition for a private collection of historical paintings and artifacts situated at the premises of
the Westin and Romanos Hotels in Costa Navarino.
The exhibition design is targeted at:
- Trasmitting the cultural and historical values of the collection and complement the function of the communal spaces of the hotels,
- Addressing the education of the visitors in the history of Greece and Messinia in the 19th century,
- Highlighting the works of art, while at the same time placing them within a tight building programme,
- Utilising construction standards and materials that minimise their footprint on the building, while at the same time provide adequate
security for the collection,
- Employ techniques to efficiently use existing lighting fixtures to support the exhibition.
The project culminated in the editing of the publication "Histoire picturale de la guerre de l'independance Hellenique:
Description of the original engravings exhibited at Costa Navarino", published and available on site.